Solved

Set Generic Inquiry (GI) to be emailed (in csv/ excel format) to a specified address on a schedule

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have several supplier performance GIs that show outstanding items and due dates and would love to be able to set the GI to be extracted as Excel or CSV and emailed to a specific address each day. To be clear, each supplier has their own GI so it is not like i need to filter the GI based on supplier - all results in the GI can go on the same email.

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 5 July 2022, 21:23

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @DanielStarke 

Have you tried a business event for this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @DanielStarke  I don’t think we can attach the GI results in the format of Excel.

By using the Business Event, we can attach only the Reports in the format of PDF, Excel and etc.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Naveen Boga and @kbeatty21 thank you for your help! I don’t know if it is possible to extract the GI in a Business Event - that would be ideal if possible but i cant see how to do that - is it possible?

@DanielStarke It may be possible to send all the result details of your GI within the body of the notification email sent out of a business event.  You would need to use a for each loop to show all details lines.  There should be some articles on this with in the community and I found the article linked below that has been used by support for some time

https://asiablog.acumatica.com/2018/07/loops-in-notification-templates.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @dales50  The above link will help us to loop through the transaction details for the document in the body of the Notification Template.

GI may have millions of records, this is an not an ideal way to do this in the notification template. 

Also, how can we loop through the GI result data set?

Badge +1

@DanielStarke  the easiest alternative I think is to:

1. Export to Report from the GI
  2. Setup the report in the tenant
  3. Set up a Report Template from the report to be emailed out regularly
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@DanielStarke  Yes.

1. convert your GI to your report.
  2. Attach this report to Business Event
  3. Select the format as Excel
  4. Configure the BE as type of “Trigger by Schedule”.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks Guys! I now have the solutiuon working

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Can I add something here?
Yes, using BE attached a report is definitely a solution.

However, if you have converted the GI to a report. Then

1, You can save the report as a template. Like choose the receiver, choose the format like xls.
2, You schedule the template.
Then the report can be sent on schedule, it would be quicker to make it set.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Another very reliable solution we have used is to create an Export Scenario which uses the GI as it’s Screen (Source). You then combine this with a Process Export Scenario schedule,  a Scheduled business event and a custom notification template.

To to this - you need to

1: in the GI designer - check the ‘Make Visible in UI’ so there is a registered Screen ID for the GI

1. Create a csv or Excel Data provider based on the output you need
  2. Make sure the GI Results match the fields required for the output
  3. Create the Export Scenario using the GI Screen and the data provideryou just created, Nominate the appropriate GI fields in the Export result..
  4. Create an Automation Schedule for the ProcessExportScenarios screen - use the ProcessAll action and make sure the Conditions tab lists the Export Scenario(s) you want to run  (field = ‘Name’  and Value = Export Scenario Name)
  5. Then create a Notification Template for the emails - and include the link(s) to the exported file in the email body  - this is the trick part - you need to get the file url from the Export Scenario’s Files dialog -  use the External Link otherwise the file can’t be accessed from your email client…. example  https://yourdomain.acumatica.com/(W(49))/Frames/GetFile.ashx?fileID=832229c2-72fb-44c6-8b77-eb9f15dc9fb8

6. Finally - create a Business Event with an Email Subscriber that uses your custom Notification Template… and schedule that to run after the Export Scenario (maybe 15 minutes after…

7. Note - the email recipient has to be an Acumatica user - with read access to the Export Scenarios Screen. So this might not work if you are emailing an external party…. but it is a good solution for internal use or for Vendors/Subs who have portal access.

Easy…. (once you know how..)  lol

Another very reliable solution we have used is to create an Export Scenario which uses the GI as it’s Screen (Source). You then combine this with a Process Export Scenario schedule,  a Scheduled business event and a custom notification template.

To to this - you need to

1: in the GI designer - check the ‘Make Visible in UI’ so there is a registered Screen ID for the GI

1. Create a csv or Excel Data provider based on the output you need
  2. Make sure the GI Results match the fields required for the output
  3. Create the Export Scenario using the GI Screen and the data provideryou just created, Nominate the appropriate GI fields in the Export result..
  4. Create an Automation Schedule for the ProcessExportScenarios screen - use the ProcessAll action and make sure the Conditions tab lists the Export Scenario(s) you want to run  (field = ‘Name’  and Value = Export Scenario Name)
  5. Then create a Notification Template for the emails - and include the link(s) to the exported file in the email body  - this is the trick part - you need to get the file url from the Export Scenario’s Files dialog -  use the External Link otherwise the file can’t be accessed from your email client…. example  https://yourdomain.acumatica.com/(W(49))/Frames/GetFile.ashx?fileID=832229c2-72fb-44c6-8b77-eb9f15dc9fb8

6. Finally - create a Business Event with an Email Subscriber that uses your custom Notification Template… and schedule that to run after the Export Scenario (maybe 15 minutes after…

7. Note - the email recipient has to be an Acumatica user - with read access to the Export Scenarios Screen. So this might not work if you are emailing an external party…. but it is a good solution for internal use or for Vendors/Subs who have portal access.

Easy…. (once you know how..)  lol

For #7, just be careful, when you set up your business event, make sure it does not trigger on every row of the Generic Inquiry or this will send an email for every lines!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved