Solved

Project Inventory Tracking - SO and Available Quantity

• 14 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello,

In creating a SO for a project, I have found that when Project-Specific Inventory is enabled that only inventory assigned to the project is available for issue. What I am seeing in the SO screen is that the availability is X for the item and then as soon as I select the project the availability goes to zero. 

Most of my inventory is not project specific, so I would assume that it would be available to any project, however this is not the case. Can this be adjusted with a setting, allowing reserved/assigned inventory to only be sold to the appropriate project while unassigned/unreserved inventory also be available.

From what I can tell its seems this feature may be all or nothing, all inventory is tracked/assigned or non, I am looking for both.

Example of no project with inventory available

Example after a project is selected

icon

Best answer by Heidi Dempsey 14 October 2022, 16:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Leif  Thank you for your question.  When using project-specific inventory, the system does look for the specific project’s inventory for availability.  If you use track by location for the project and receive to project x you will be able to follow the above process.  You can read more about this feature in the release notes (page 296)

AcumaticaERP_2021R2_ReleaseNotes.pdf (acumatica-builds.s3.amazonaws.com)

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved