Solved

Project budget line added by accident, how to correct or stop it

• 9 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hello,

We have had a couple instances where cost budget lines are added to a project by accident.  What's the best way to fix it, and is there a way to stop it from happening?

We have two scenarios we happen.  We are implementing a new software for time tracking and the wrong cost code came over when we ran payroll, it added a 00-000 default cost code.  How can i fix that?  I looked at the GL batch and project transaction screen to see if I could reclassify, but there is only a reverse option (which seems a hefty lift option).

The other scenario is an AP invoices.  Which those are easier to fix with a reclassification.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jeremy

icon

Best answer by Laura02 9 May 2024, 17:59

View original

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello,

It’s possible to correct a Project Transaction entry with a negative amount to the “wrong” project-task-account group-cost code, and a positive entry to the correct Project-Task-account group-Cost code, using Project Transactions screen. If GL is correct, and the Vendor Balance is correct… no need to reverse the batches/documents in GL or AP (leave the GL Accounts and GL Subaccounts blank in the Project Transaction correction, to update only the project). 

I recommend adding Notes to the related GL batch and AP Documents referring to the Project Transaction #, so it’s easy to see that the posted items have been corrected on the projects.

There is a setting in Projects Preferences that will show a Warning if someone posts to a Project-Task-account group-Cost Code that has no budget. The same warning will show in certain documents when the budget is exceeded.  To Prohibit entry to an incorrect project-task-account group-cost code, versus showing a warning, I think requires a customization.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved