Solved

Is it possible to copy attributes over from an Opportunity to a project quote

• 8 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

We do many project quotes attached to opportunities. All of our opportunities have some key attributes such as what type of project they are, and these attributes need to carry across to the project that is created when we win the project quote. For example, our projects are aluminium window joinery which could be for either a commercial or residential project. We have an attribute in the opportunity for project type with the option either commercial or residential. We also have the same attribute in our project quote and resultant project however if the project quote is not fill out then it does not copy to the project. What would be ideal is some way to carry an attribute from an opportunity to the project quote and thereby onto the final project. I imagine it would be quite possible with a special gi and related business event that triggers an import scenario however I have not had time to figure out how to do this.

icon

Best answer by vkumar 8 December 2021, 09:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @DanielStarke 

The approach of using GI linked business event to trigger an import scenario to update Project Quote with attribute values from Opportunity should work. It does take some time to set it up and test. I don't have any working example as well.

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved