Solved

Include Segmented Keys into Inquiry

• 2 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi All,

I am currently working on an Inquiry for a Dashboard where I need to group by a certain Segment.

I did it once before with Inventory Subaccounts:

Yet, now I am working with Projects and the Contract CD Field is segmented.
I tried it this way, yet get the error that PMProject.ContractCD_Segment1 is not existing.

Does anybody know how to properly incorporate the Segmented Keys here?

If this helps, the Alias is referring to the CS.Segment Table

icon

Best answer by hkabiri 2 May 2023, 19:47

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Quick Update. I think I must’ve done something wrong but the new Error states this: 

The multi-part identifier "Contract.ContractCD" could not be bound. The multi-part identifier "Contract.ContractCD" could not be bound.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@krausef77  In most cases this error means you have bad table relations. Contract Table has ContractID as the key and it should be added to relations in case the Contract table Data needs to be retrieved.

You can share your GI xml file so we can take a closer look if issue not resolved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@krausef77 one thing that i can see from your screen shots is that you used left join for your inventory subaccount segment and you are using inner for the project one.  maybe change that to left?  it will be helpful to have the file as well so if that doesn’t work, please share

thanks!

Badge +18

Hello,

Are you able to include the entire ContractCD in one column of your GI, then use a calculated column “Segment 1” in another column of the GI to obtain the contract ID segment you need?  For example LEFT([Contract.ContractCD],3), and then Group by and aggregate based on the calculated field “Segment 1”?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi there,

It’s a small thing, but you may want to try SegmentID = ‘1’, with the quotes.  That’s what I’ve had to do when doing joins at the Segment-level.

Userlevel 3

Quick Update. I think I must’ve done something wrong but the new Error states this: 

The multi-part identifier "Contract.ContractCD" could not be bound. The multi-part identifier "Contract.ContractCD" could not be bound.

When we do table joins the CD generally is a substitute key for the ID of the DAC, therefore it should be ContractID_Segment1 if it exists that is. If it doesn’t exist, then I would just use Substring function to calculate it. 

Here’s an example if the we want to start from position 0 (starting position) with a length of 3. That should resolve your issue. 

=Substring([PMProject.ContractCD],0,3) 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved