Solved

G/L Accounts not auto populating in A/P Bills and Adjustments for Construction Projects

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have a question that was brought up by a client. When we setup a project and it’s linked to a Task Code and Cost Code, why does it not auto populate the Account under Bills & Adjustments after a project, project task and cost code are selected? Is there a setting I need to do to make this happen or would we need a customization? Here is a screenshot. On the Project Level under Defaults, I defaulted the Task to the account code. That didn’t work either. Any suggestions would be great.  

Thanks,

Frances 

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 3 May 2023, 21:29

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

In your Project Cost Budget check if you have entered Account Group for this Project/Task/CostCode. If yes then check to see if the associated AccountGroup is Active and any GL Account is linked to the this AccountGroup and is set as default. It is the only reason.

When you enter AP Bill you also MUST enter Project/Task/CostCode/AccountGroup to system populate the associated GL.

If you have row level security that could cause issue as well but first check the above

Userlevel 3
Badge

@aaghaei 

Hi,

I checked the Account Group and it’s active and marked as Default. There is no row level security. Is there any other options or will the user have to select an Account manually when entering an A/P Bill for a project? 

Thanks,

Frances

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Did you check your cost budget Account Group associated to the Cost Code in question? Are you entering the Account Group in your bill? I do not see it in your screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Sorry my bad. It is opposite. You enter the GL Account in Bills and system posts to the associated Account Group.

The reason system doesn’t pickup the AG is there could be many AG associated to any given Cost Code. 

You must enter the GL Account in AP Bills. If you do not like it and want to enter Account Group in AP Bills and system populate the GL Account for you, then you will need a Customization

Userlevel 3
Badge

Reza,

Thanks this makes sense. I know on the A/R side it does auto populate. Maybe we should submit as an enhancement? 

Frances 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Sure you can create an idea and let see how people will vote on it. It has a huge undertaking for Acumatica I believe because all Financial Modules work the way you see now and that will require a decent overhaul and implementation for this functionality across the platform. Good luck

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@fpantelidakis65  Thanks for the question.  This is on our roadmap but there is not version assigned to this yet.  I will check in our team meeting tomorrow and get back to you.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Reza,

Thanks. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Heidi,

Thanks. Keep me posted.

Frances 

Userlevel 2

Hello fpantelidakis65, hello aaghaei,

The Expense Account and Expense Sub. can be set for a vendor (on the Vendors form). So, they can be used as defaults in bill lines for this vendor:

Account group (for a corresponding project transaction) will be defined by the account mapping (to the account group).

As of now, there is no option to specify project-specific default expense account/subaccount for bill lines.

Thank you!

cc @Heidi Dempsey 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@AdelinaBasyrova75 @Heidi Dempsey if this feature is not going to be implemented, can the language around existing settings be updated to be coherent at least? Why is their a field labeled “default cost account” when it doesn’t function as a default cost account and Projects has no ability to dictate a default account to AP transactions??

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved