Solved

Should I use a "Branch" or "Sub-accounts" for new Division?

• 7 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3

We are a general contractor with two office locations.  Each location has its own “Branch” in Acumatica.  This works great.

We are about to start a new “Division” in one of our locations.  I’ll need the ability to create financials for the new division.  Should this be a third “Branch” or should I start using sub accounts?

icon

Best answer by ashtonwilliams96 3 March 2022, 23:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ashtonwilliams96 I see you didn’t get any responses to this question...have you decided which technique to use?  I have a similar requirement, I’m wondering about the criteria that influenced your decision.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ashtonwilliams96 

If one would be creating sales document from the new ‘Division’ and be able to direct related transactions to reflect on Financial statement, it would be better to set it as branch instead of using a sub account. If you use subaccount segment, there is no option to specify default subaccount selection when one creates a document for the new division. 

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ashtonwilliams96 same, curious what you did. 

Userlevel 3

@Brian Rowerdink we elected to use “Branches” for our account locations, and “Sub Accounts” for service lines. This way, we can add a new branch if we expand operations to a new geographic area, and continue using the same sub accounts for our service lines.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved