Solved

Seeking Help with Purchase Receipt Setup for Non-Stock Items in 2022 R1

• 18 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Dear Acumatica Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek your valuable insights and assistance regarding an issue I am facing with Purchase Receipts in Acumatica 2022 R1 (Build 22.111.0020).

Here's the situation: I am currently working on setting up Purchase Receipts for both non-stock items and stock items in our Acumatica ERP system. Ideally, I would like the Purchase Receipts for non-stock items to be recorded without affecting Inventory and Journal Vouchers in the background. However, for stock items, I want the Purchase Receipts to be duly recorded in Inventory and Journal Vouchers, as expected.

During the testing phase in my own test environment, I noticed that this configuration was working precisely as intended. However, after going live with the same Acumatica version in our production database, I am experiencing an issue where Purchase Receipts for non-stock items are still triggering Journal Vouchers, which is not the desired behavior.

At this point, I am uncertain whether this is a configuration oversight on my part or if there might be an underlying issue with the implementation or non-stocks purchase receipts without journals are standard and my test envrionemnt has error or vice versa. Therefore, I am turning to the expertise of the Acumatica Community to seek your guidance on this matter. Any advice, suggestions, or best practices related to Purchase Receipt setup would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for your time and support.

With Regards,

Naing

icon

Best answer by Novstat 18 July 2023, 09:38

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @NaingAungKyaw.

I would like to know what is the Item Type of the non-stock item you tested. I noticed when creating and releasing a Purchase Receipt, that when a non-stock item has “Service” as Item Type it doesn’t create In Ref. Nbr.

Userlevel 2

Hi @NaingAungKyaw.

I would like to know what is the Item Type of the non-stock item you tested. I noticed when creating and releasing a Purchase Receipt, that when a non-stock item has “Service” as Item Type it doesn’t create In Ref. Nbr.

Dear @Novstat,

Thanks for your help. Now I see it. Requisition Form is the trigger point for it.  I originally set Item Type as Non-stock. I have changed it as you suggested and work perfectly. But one more issue when I test with Service Type. I tried changing Item master and its class’s Types to Service. But at Requisition Form’s Line Type Column from Details Session, it automatically assigns Non-Stock Type no matter what. It could be a bug?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @NaingAungKyaw.

Did you edit first the item type of the item to Service before creating the Requisition or have you already added the item to a Requisition and edited the item type on the Non-Stock Item profile?

Userlevel 2

Hi @NaingAungKyaw.

Did you edit first the item type of the item to Service before creating the Requisition or have you already added the item to a Requisition and edited the item type on the Non-Stock Item profile?

I changed the masters before creating Requests and Requisitions. It still does not work. And I tried digging on Acumatica’s Materials and found no detail mentioning about these types. So, the only difference between Non-stock and Service is creating JV only or is there any other impact by each type? I am totally new to Acumatica. Thanks a lot for your help so far, Novstat.

Userlevel 2

Hi @NaingAungKyaw.

I got it now, Novstat. I don’t need to change the Non-Stock Item’s type to servive. When I uncheck “Require Receipt” setting at Non-Stock Item Master and set true to “Process Service Lines from Purchase Orders to Purchase Receipts” setting at Purchase Order Preference, the system allows me to receive Non-Stock Item Type through Purchase Receipt without creating inventory receipt and journal.

Thanks for your help,

Naing

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @NaingAungKyaw !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved