Solved

Restrict access scenario: Give a user access to specific branch should only view inventory quantity from other branches

• 3 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi!

I have a specific scenario in MultiCompany/Branch environment related to access rights.

Our customer has 3 different stores and each store has a warehouse related. A user of one store should only have access to warehouse inventory from another store but it should not be able to work in other branch than the one that has been assigned. I dont see a feature that could help me with this (access roles, restriction groups, restrict visibility). 

Does anyone have a configuration like this?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by adilaleem 31 October 2023, 18:32

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @rodrigocid34 

Check this article it may help you

https://help-2020r2.acumatica.com/(W(5))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=bf95691c-094e-4c67-9f28-afe24c7e1993

https://help-2020r2.acumatica.com/(W(6))/Wiki/ShowWiki.aspx?pageid=5430226f-d06b-4aa5-8596-a41a062bfad7

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @rodrigocid34 

Along with what @manikantad18  stated, have you looked at Row Level security? Especially for items?

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=ad9a42c1-ff5d-4298-86d9-683039c18512

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks but i don't think this'll work. the user need to see all warehouses inventory quantity on hand but it can't switch to another company using the toggle.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @rodrigocid34 

What about giving them Branch access to only those branches they need?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you @kbeatty21 that is the way I configured. Let me explain a little more in detail:

I have a user that has access rights to work in one branch, in the next example is Products Wholesale:

And when the user is working a SO, it should be able to see inventory in the branch assigned warehouse and other warehouses:

But, user should not be able to work in another branch or putting in other words, toggle to another branch in the Company/Branch Toggle:

Userlevel 2

@rodrigocid34 Did you find a solution to this issue?  We have a customer with similar requirements. Thanks!

Userlevel 2

We have the same requirement--is there a way to allow users of one company to view the inventory of another company/branch without giving them branch access?

We don’t want to give users the ability to work out of warehouses that don’t belong to their branch; however, we want them to be able to view inventory levels in warehouses of other branches.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have the same need. Is there a solution?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @rodrigocid34 

What about giving them Branch access to only those branches they need?

Works for me.. Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved