Solved

REPORT DESIGNER - Changes made to report does not reflect online.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am trying to modify AP Balance by Vendor, however, after saving/uploading to the server, it does not reflect on the generated report. no error’s shown.

icon

Best answer by TimRodman 24 August 2021, 19:59

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Try saving as a new version with a Version description, then check the REPORT VERSIONS tab when running the report to ensure that you see your version there and that the Active checkbox is checked.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@arjan , A few things to check. 
I usually save the changes as a new version. Does the new version show up in the versions list? Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the change to become active. I use the refresh a lot & verify that it shows up in the version name.

Are your changes applied to the correct group? There are 2 groups that print the BAccount,AcctName They are controlled by the VisibleExpr.

Was the report changes saved to the correct tenant? I have copied reports from one tenant to another, made changes & saved it back to the original tenant by mistake. 

Was the report save to the correct name? I once saved the AR Invoice (AR641000) to the AP Check (AP641000). It was easy to correct but still….

Userlevel 1
Badge

@TimRodman thanks a lot for your quick response! I saved it as NEW version and start taking effect. overriding same record still doesn’t work.

@wfilipiak67 Thank you for expanding on this! will keep all in mind.

i am new to the Acumatica report designer, working toward learning daily. today was first time facing such issue.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

You’re welcome. Interesting that you can’t overwrite an existing version. Does your user have access to the ReportDesigner User Role Security Group?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@TimRodman Yes I do have that role assigned to my profile. previously, i worked on SO, PO and another reports with no issue, even using direct save button. every time, I make sure that I am logged in on both report designer app and my account online.

Was this ever solved?

Badge +16

Info appears above, that the OP’s problem was solved by saving the report as a new version.

When report is Saved to Server, and we select ON Save as new version  (**do not change the report name above version description**) , and provide a Version Description, report Versions are visible on the Report Versions tab.

In below example, this AP check has several versions with the first two not active and 3rd one active (not shown).

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have done that and the user who prints the check is not seeing all the changes I make. It is almost like the features or formatting I add he can see, but the actual adjustments do not reflect on the check.  Also, does anyone know how to select multiple items without the screen going crazy? Is there any easy way to select all like in MS?  

Badge +16

OK!  It’s helpful to know the report is a check.  That’s a very useful detail.  I’ve helped with check modifications before on this community, and you can find your answer here:

Good luck!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you Laura for the advice. I will look at that.  

I have a similar situation since the client upgraded to 22r2. i saved the sales order report as a new version but it prints the default one.

I removed all the versions, saved on top of the original and nothing changed. I saved a new version again and no change. When i print from the report itself by using the menu printed forms/sales orders the system uses my form. All other options print the out of the box report.

When i print the report it shows the default, clicking the edit button opens my report.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have a similar situation since the client upgraded to 22r2. i saved the sales order report as a new version but it prints the default one.

I removed all the versions, saved on top of the original and nothing changed. I saved a new version again and no change. When i print from the report itself by using the menu printed forms/sales orders the system uses my form. All other options print the out of the box report.

When i print the report it shows the default, clicking the edit button opens my report.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Hi , I have exactly the same problem now. And if I shaking it (deactivate the new one, activate an old one and reactivate the new one, print the form), that work once. If I close the form and reopen it , that doesnt work again. I have a Rev description, saved as a new version, on the correct tenant.

Any idea?

I have the same problem on two different form...😫

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi, I think I solved my problem, because we are in canada we have a “canadian” version of the same report(ex : SO643000.ca.rpx). I corrected the .ca one and it’s ok

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved