Solved

Recommended IIS settings for optimizing speed

• 19 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Can anyone provide a “best practices” for optimizing IIS in production? We’ve experienced the following:

IIS seems to need to “cold start” periodically. Takes about 30 seconds.

Occasionally, during the day, while working with the system, it will “pause” for 20-30 seconds.

The server CPU and memory are at less than 20% usage, as is the DB, so we have lots of horsepower.

The server has a 10GB internet connection, and the client is on a 1 GB fibre.

My thought is that this is an IIS configuration issue.

icon

Best answer by stevenhouglum 23 March 2021, 22:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2

erics49,

The following Microsoft article goes into details about the optimization of IIS:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/biztalk/technical-guides/optimizing-iis-performance

The observed behavior you describe unfortunately can be originating from several systems on the server. To track it down, you could run OS, dB, and IIS traces to see what system actually “pauses” or if it's a system maintenance schedule service or if indeed there’s a faulty hardware component that spuriously causes interrupts. 

Since Acumatica only uses the very basic aspects of IIS (no ISAPIs, filters, security (IIS based), or any of the “higher” capabilities, it would be very interesting to find that it is indeed the cause. My suspicions are that it’s something else: in the IO chain or possibly errant components in the hardware.

Steven

Userlevel 3
Badge

Are the database and IIs on separate servers?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all,

I’m having the same problem.  Compiling the site after a code change in Visual Studio only takes a few seconds, but refreshing the site takes around 8 minutes.  The site and the database server are on the same laptop.  There is 32G of RAM on a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz.

I’ve made the changes to Web.config in this article: Developer Tips & Tricks (Part I): Configuring Your Acumatica Instance - Acumatica Cloud ERP and the changes here for IIS: Optimizing IIS Performance - BizTalk Server | Microsoft Docs.  Still long refresh times after a compile.

Any recommendations would be most appreciated… 15 second reload time would be awesome!

Thanks all!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Apologies, I meant to post my first comment here: Slow page refreshing after compile | Community (acumatica.com)

Hi

I had the same issue until I changed the Recycling setting in the APPPool to reset at a specific time- which was the down time between shifts at 3am every day. When no body is logged in, it restarts w/in 30 secs, no issues, keeps on going. If there are using logged in, it could take over a minute. This is a service you cannot stop, you need the IIS workers to recycle, find the best time to do so.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved