Solved

Mobile App - can't upload .mov files from iPhone

• 31 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

When attempting to attach a .mov video file from an iPhone to an Appointment, it just spins and will not upload the file.

When attempting to attach the same file with an Android phone, it works just fine when using the ‘upload using mobile device’ button to receive a push notification to upload the file. 

Multiple iPhones were tested, and photos attach without issue, but videos are not working. Does anyone know of a workaround or iPhone setting that may be causing this issue?

icon

Best answer by WillieGrothman61 5 September 2023, 22:42

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Have you confirmed that the file type .mov has been added to the allowed upload file types and that the file size does not exceed the allowed upload size?  In my test instance, I see that .mov is not a default file type out of the box for Acumatica.  As far as I know, android does not make videos in .mov format meaning testing from an android device would be possible but not as simple as just taking a video to upload.  I would expect it to error out if this is the actual cause, but it’s worth checking.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Brian Stevens , yes I added the .mov file type and ensured the file was within the allowed upload size. I had the iPhone user email the .mov file to me and downloaded it to my android and was able to upload it. I sent the same file to a co-worker with an iPhone, and they were unable to add it, so it seems to be something iPhone specific. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Brian Stevens , yes I added the .mov file type and ensured the file was within the allowed upload size. I had the iPhone user email the .mov file to me and downloaded it to my android and was able to upload it. I sent the same file to a co-worker with an iPhone, and they were unable to add it, so it seems to be something iPhone specific. 

That covers all the bases I know then.  Have you logged a support ticket with Acumatica?  Also, in case I can get time to try to reproduce this myself, what version of Acumatica are you running?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I haven’t logged a support ticket yet, but plan to open one next week. This is happening on 22R1 Build 22.108.0024 

The current version(s) of the Acumatica app are installed on the Android and iPhone, and the users have signed in through the app multiple times. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I found a test instance I have on 22.114.0029, and I can confirm the same problem.  My video clip from my iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 16.6 is 3 seconds long.  My video clip from my iPad running iPadOS Public Beta 17.0 is 1 second long.  Same issue reproduced on both.  Acts like it will upload, but it never completes and just shows a spinning icon for longer than I cared to wait to see if it would ever timeout.

Certainly seems like a case for Acumatica support.  Please post your findings back here if you don’t mind.  We only ever upload pictures from mobile devices, so I never noticed if it was a problem in older versions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Just for fun, I tried from my iPhone with the same video file.  Cannot upload to 23.108.0020 either.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I opened a support ticket and got the issue resolved! All we ended up doing was clearing the ‘Icon Url’ in File Upload Preferences. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

That is very interesting.  I didn’t set an Icon URL on my instances for testing and was able to reproduce the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing the solution with the community @WillieGrothman61!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved