Solved

How to add SSH Authentication Key

• 30 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello Community,

In Synchronization tab of the File Maintenance screen, we find the field SSH Authentication Key when using SFTP.

This field only allows to selecting a key from a list of existing keys. The list is currently empty.
Does anyone what form to use to add an authentication key to this list please?

Many thanks

Eudes

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 7 May 2021, 15:40

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Check out this link:

https://help-2020r2.acumatica.com/Wiki/ShowWiki.aspx?pageid=c11d8fd2-9718-4ac9-a52b-928887db7651

you can add the Certificate via the SM200530 Encryption Certificates screen.

Once done you can use the added certificate(s) in your SFTP file sync.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Eudes,

You need to set this up from the Encryption Certificates (SM.20.05.30) page. The key needs to be uploaded as a file attachment, in .pfx format. Documentation on this screen can be found here

If anyone form the Acumatica team is reading this -- there’s no documentation at all on SFTP with SSH Key in the product, and other users have asked the same thing before. See comments section of this post by @smarenich on his blog.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for the guidance. I want to tell you what I got so far from the tests. 

Test 1) I had the .ppk file and read somewhere in the communities that I could just rename the extension from .ppk to .pfx . The synchronisation raised the following error:  “public key is invalid” .
I guess this is not the right way to convert a ppk to pfx. If you know how, please let me know.

Test 2) I then loaded the .ppk file to the Encryption Certificates. The synchronization raised the following error: “Invalid private key file”.
The file was tested with other SSH toll and worked fine. 

Any ideas on how to go from here ? 

Many thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@eudescoelho29 both formats are not the same. I think you will need to go from PPK to PEM, and then from PEM to PFX.

Step 1:Using PuTTY: Convert a .ppk private key (Putty) to a base64/pem private key for OpenSSH or OpenSSL

Step 2: Using openssl commandline:

openssl pkcs12 -inkey bob_key.pem -in bob_cert.cert -export -out bob_pfx.pfx
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just adding this link here which describes the difference between a .cert and .pfx file:

https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/29425/difference-between-pfx-and-cert-certificates

I have the same issue.  Trying your suggestion @Gabriel Michaud , but what are you using for `bob_cert.cert`? I have a .ppk, .pem (or .key), and a .pub.

.cert should be for an actual certificate...but what cert?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved