Question

How to add SSH Authentication Key

• 30 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello Community,

In Synchronization tab of the File Maintenance screen, we find the field SSH Authentication Key when using SFTP.

This field only allows to selecting a key from a list of existing keys. The list is currently empty.
Does anyone what form to use to add an authentication key to this list please?

Many thanks

Eudes

4 replies

Check out this link:

https://help-2020r2.acumatica.com/Wiki/ShowWiki.aspx?pageid=c11d8fd2-9718-4ac9-a52b-928887db7651

you can add the Certificate via the SM200530 Encryption Certificates screen.

Once done you can use the added certificate(s) in your SFTP file sync.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi Eudes,

You need to set this up from the Encryption Certificates (SM.20.05.30) page. The key needs to be uploaded as a file attachment, in .pfx format. Documentation on this screen can be found here

If anyone form the Acumatica team is reading this -- there’s no documentation at all on SFTP with SSH Key in the product, and other users have asked the same thing before. See comments section of this post by @smarenich on his blog.

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for the guidance. I want to tell you what I got so far from the tests. 

Test 1) I had the .ppk file and read somewhere in the communities that I could just rename the extension from .ppk to .pfx . The synchronisation raised the following error:  “public key is invalid” .
I guess this is not the right way to convert a ppk to pfx. If you know how, please let me know.

Test 2) I then loaded the .ppk file to the Encryption Certificates. The synchronization raised the following error: “Invalid private key file”.
The file was tested with other SSH toll and worked fine. 

Any ideas on how to go from here ? 

Many thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@eudescoelho29 both formats are not the same. I think you will need to go from PPK to PEM, and then from PEM to PFX.

Step 1:Using PuTTY: Convert a .ppk private key (Putty) to a base64/pem private key for OpenSSH or OpenSSL

Step 2: Using openssl commandline:

openssl pkcs12 -inkey bob_key.pem -in bob_cert.cert -export -out bob_pfx.pfx

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2020  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved