Solved

How do you handle International Addresses

• 3 June 2021
  • 9 replies

All the addresses in Acumatica are 3 lines - Address line 1, address line 2 then city, state, postal code and finally country.  Our international customers require at least one more line of address.  As per example:

In this example the Finance Department is an attention line and is not part of the address. I could squeeze the first 3 lines into 2 lines but it is just not correct and I would be certain it would slow down any package delivery.

icon

Best answer by wfilipiak67 4 June 2021, 15:01

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@glennmasline , 

Acumatica has a third, hidden, address line 3 already in the Address table. 
We have done customization projects to expose this third line where needed. Customers, Vendors, SO Addresses, PO Addresses, etc. 

We then have Address line1, Address Line 2, Address Line 3 & a city, state, postal code & country line.

Hope this helps!

Bill 

This is wonderful.  Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I forgot to mention that the forms are already set to print the Address line 3 if it exists.

Bill

Thank you for the information.  Good news.

Has Acumatica also expanded the address fields where ever the extra line is needed?  Is it part of the customer and vendor details?

How do we “turn” it on?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@glennmasline
Since the field is in the table, you need to do a Customization Package to add the existing field to the places you want to see it. Places like Customers (General, Billing, Shipping) Customer Locations (General, Shipping), Vendors (General, Payment, Purchase Settings), Vendor Locations, Orders & Purchase Orders. 
The third line does copy over to the appropriate form (Customers to SOs, Vendors to POs)

What is a “Custom Package”.  Is this an option Acumatica offers?  Who do I contact regarding it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@glennmasline , 

I really meant Customization Project. Customization projects are used to change the users interface & functionality of Acumatica. 

Sorry for the question but is this an Acumatica option or is this something I have to contract with a VAR?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@glennmasline , 
You can contact your VAR, or you can take the training classes in the Open University. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved