Solved

ERP Transaction Limit - What happens if you go over?

• 23 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good morning Acumatica community! 

We are a very small business on the Acumatica scale so have to weigh cost at a premium. Our business has a large number of stock items that we work with (approximately 7k). While making adjustments to initial configurations, we are burning through a significant portion of our allocated ERP transactions each month and are currently at 90% for October.

If we don’t upgrade to a higher tier but use more ERP transactions than our license covers, will we be charged after the fact? And if so, would it be cheaper for us to upgrade ahead of time knowing we will need the increase for two months only? 

Thank you,

Julia

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 23 October 2023, 16:59

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @jfarrell 

You are not charged for going over, however it will affect performance in the system.

Here is the licensing guide to Acumatica:

https://www.acumatica.com/media/2022/04/Acumatica-Licensing-Guide-2022-Apr.pdf#page=1&view=FitH,0&zoom=95,0,0&toolbar=1&navpanes=0

Userlevel 3
Badge

Ok thanks @kandybeatty49. Do you have any indication of the degree to which it affects performance? Like a 10 second task will take an hour kind of thing? or is it manageable?

We are at the 20k tier, and need about 40k for the month.

Userlevel 3
Badge

We also have several months in a row of extremely low usage from the beginning from the initial set up (0-2% usage)

Userlevel 5
Badge

@jfarrell - Please reference @kandybeatty49 link and speak with your PAM.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Ok thank you @StevenRatner . I am asking the community because we are charged a steep hourly rate to ask them questions like this so I was hoping to get an answer here instead.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Ok thank you @StevenRatner . I am asking the community because we are charged a steep hourly rate to ask them questions like this so I was hoping to get an answer here instead.

It is important to note that if you violate your consumption agreement, you will be charged for the additional resources you have used. To avoid any unexpected charges, we recommend regularly monitoring your system usage. Exceeding your system limitations more than twice in a twelve-month period is a good indication it’s time to upgrade your consumption level to cover your growing business needs.

Acumatica is highly scalable and allows you to adjust your Monthly Commercial Transactions or Monthly ERP Transactions as needed to reflect your growth. You can visit www.acumatica.com/agreements to review your License or SaaS Subscription Agreement for additional details. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved