Solved

Connection to RabbitMQ failed

• 27 December 2022
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

I have this error after install the last version of Acumatica. 

Connection to RabbitMQ failed

The service RabbitMQ is running. 

Thanks,

EV

icon

Best answer by dh69 18 March 2023, 04:28

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @edsonvelez64  You might have missed this option while creating the instance.

To fix this, you can comment on the below code from the web.config file and verify.

<add key="QueueType" value="RabbitMQ" />

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @edsonvelez64  You might have missed this option while creating the instance.

To fix this, you can comment on the below code from the web.config file and verify.

Hi, Thank for your response. 

I did that, but, what if I want to use the RabbitMQ? 

Thanks,

Ev

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m having the same issue with the latest 2023r1 Beta.   I do not have a RabbitMQ line in my Web.config file.   The RabbitMQ service is running.

Anyone have any other thoughts to try?

Thanks,

Brett

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Chris Hackett  Could you please forward this question to the Acumatica team internally and help us with the above question?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @brettnothan9 - I checked internally and there wasn’t an obvious answer. It was suggested to create a case to investigate further. Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Can you please post the exact version of 2023 R1 that you are running? (23.091.0146, 23.092.0102, 23.093.0227 are the 3 current options). I have installed the latest version on Windows 10 and on Win Server 2019 and I haven’t run into this issue.

Also please confirm that you have installed .NET Framework v4.8 and .NET Core 3.1 prior to installation.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi @edsonvelez64  You might have missed this option while creating the instance.

Hi, Thank for your response. 

I did that, but, what if I want to use the RabbitMQ? 

Thanks,

Ev

you can check services of Rabbit MQ (RabbitMQ Windows - Start Server automatically - Stack Overflow

Userlevel 2
Badge

Do not know why… but restarting the computer solved the issue for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We just updated to the latest build of Acumatica 23R2 yesterday.  Everything was fine after the upgrade yesterday but today all of our sites are getting this message.  The RabbitMQ service will not start.  I wonder if Microsoft did an automatic update that broke RabbitMQ?

I am trying a restart of the web server to see if that resolves it.  Will keep you posted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Restart of server didn’t work.  We also tried uninstalling RabbitMQ and then running the Acumatica Installer with Repair option. Service still not able to start.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here’s the fix that worked for us.

1. Uninstall RabbitMQ
  2. Install Erlang 25.3 after checking check box to replace windows dlls
  3. Install RabbitMQ
  4. Restart the RabbitMQ service

Here’s a good link that includes links to download the Erlang and RabbitMQ installers:  https://www.rabbitmq.com/install-windows.html#installer

Hope this helps anyone dealing with the same issue.  Apparently, Windows Updates are replacing a dll that Erlang & RabbitMQ are dependent on.  

If you dont want to disable RabbitMQ in Acumatica, you may need to turn off automatic windows updates and do them manually knowing you might have to do the uninstall/reinstall dance.

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I spoke too quickly.  Although the service is now running, Acumatica still has the error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

At this point, I guess we have to comment out and disable the RabbitMQ functionality.  Can anyone tell me what functionality within Acumatica is lost when this is disabled?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@DavidEichner I ran into the same issue a few days ago as well trying to install 24r092.
I tried to install 23r203 - a version that I have installed with no issue before - that produced the same RabbitMQ error.

Today I have the site working with RabbitMQ after doing the following steps:
1) Disabling the RabbitMQ in the web.config worked to get it online
2) I restarted my pc this morning - not sure if this was needed but it is a step I took.

3) I re-added the line  <add key="QueueType" value="RabbitMQ" /> into my web.config in the original spot and the site works after reloading the new config.

My only lead on why this error happened is possibly due to installing the Acumatica Portal, it was exactly when i first encountered the issue. - It would be interesting to know if you have that installed as well recently.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Here’s the fix that worked for us.

1. Uninstall RabbitMQ
  2. Install Erlang 25.3 after checking check box to replace windows dlls
  3. Install RabbitMQ
  4. Restart the RabbitMQ service

Here’s a good link that includes links to download the Erlang and RabbitMQ installers:  https://www.rabbitmq.com/install-windows.html#installer

Hope this helps anyone dealing with the same issue.  Apparently, Windows Updates are replacing a dll that Erlang & RabbitMQ are dependent on.  

If you dont want to disable RabbitMQ in Acumatica, you may need to turn off automatic windows updates and do them manually knowing you might have to do the uninstall/reinstall dance.

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

I originally used this to fix the issue, but 2 weeks later I try to start Acumatica and I get the same error. Has anyone found a fix to this error that is permanent? Thankfully we are only seeing this in DEV on 2023R2, but the goal is to move this to PRD in the coming weeks. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved