Solved

Canadian Client

• 11 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We our implementing our first Canadian client. I have a question if a Canadian customer purchases the Canadian version and only really wants to work with Canadian currency -- do we just turn on the Canadian Localization and enter NO to Multi currency options? -- does the system know that they are Canadian currency by the version and Yes to localization?

Thank you,

Frances Pantelidakis

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 11 April 2023, 00:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes, enable the Canadian Localization.  There are a number of import scenarios you’ll need to run to set up all the Canadian Sales Taxes and tax agencies.

When you set up the first Company in the new environment, I believe you will still need to pick CAD as the base currency for the company and you may (but I’m not 100% sure on this) set up CAD as a currency for accounting.

Many Canadian customers also transact in USD so you may still need to set up USD or other currencies for accounting purposes along with the requisite exchange and revaluation requirements because many vendors will invoice in USD (and sometime you may also have cross-border customers).

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @meganfriesen37,

Thanks for your response. This is very helpful.

Thanks,

Frances 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved