Solved

Basic Email Processing: Incoming Emails

• 2 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Curious if others have been able to resolve some email filing questions.

Issue:

Incoming emails are not filed against the entity from which they were sent. In the example, the email sent FROM an Acumatica Case includes the Case ID in the “Details” area. And I assume the case ID is part of the hidden tags mentioned in the Help files under Basic Processing > Point 3:

Troubleshooting

I checked the “Details” area of the email, confirming a link to the Case ID in “Related Entity”

I checked the help files and as far as I can tell, it’s configured correctly. But if Basic Processing isn’t working correctly, how do I troubleshoot?

Additionally, there is nothing listed in All Emails > Incoming Emails

I’m seeing this at a customer site & have duplicated this on my local demo machine.  I am curious what must be configured, if anything, to better troubleshoot and resolve this question.

icon

Best answer by marina25 3 February 2023, 02:36

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Is this Office 365 account? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@marina25 Yes, Office 365 account, and fully licensed.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

How did you setup the system email preferences. It needs to be setup in Office 365 admin center and set it up properly and then in Acumatica the following setup is needed as well, which will will include office 365 connector with Azure tenant Id and secret key. 

Did you do it this way?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Here is another community source on how to set it up within Office 365

Userlevel 3
Badge

@marina25 This may be my issue. Is Incoming mail processing not possible with Basic Authentication? I’m aware that Basic Auth is being discontinued but my outgoing mail seems to work fine with basic.

Does it make sense that incoming mail processing is only possible if we set up the System Email Account with Azure Modern Authentication?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Yes, because Azure needs specific permissions to receive inbound email. If those permissions are not set for Acumatica in Azure tenant, then the inbound emails cannot be received with basic authentication. 

The community link to the article that I posted in previous post will help you to create proper Azure inbound email. And it has to be an a licensed email account (cannot be some inbox account), which then you will need to test the login from Acumatica system email preferences.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@marina25 Makes sense; more of an Azure/Microsoft factor than Acumatica then. Thanks for helping!

I’ll work with the Exchange admin and get this configured. Also sharing, in case others see this in the future, that I had missed 2 setup steps in the System Email Account, so I’m sharing those here:

1. I had not specified imap.office365.com in the “Incoming Mail Server” field
  2. I had cleared the “Incoming server requires encrypted connection (SSL) field and used a different port. When I ticked the checkbox there, it updated the port to 993.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved