Solved

Alpha Numeric Masking

• 13 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Does anyone know if you use alpha numeric masking?

I am trying to add a text attribute masking to restrict the number of character, but it needs to allow alpha numeric entry.

Is there a guide somewhere that explains how the masking expressions work?

icon

Best answer by nathantrauscht 13 April 2023, 19:32

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I found the guide: https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=9bec9bb3-3363-4649-948f-7a55e9c048a1

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing where you found the information @nathantrauscht !

Userlevel 4
Badge

It is possible to specify the regular expression in the input mask value in PXUIField Attribute?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@anahizentella94 not sure about PXUIField Attribute.

I am referring to CSAttribute - Configuration > Common Settings > Attributes

For CSAttribute of Text type you can assign an Entry Mask and Reg. Exp. (Regular Expression)

For my use case, I am using an input validation for an attribute we created for VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).

VINs are 17 characters long alpha numeric, all upper case. Thus, I did the following:

Entry Mask: >CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

From what I understand, the entry mask is just that, it creates a mask. This expression creates a mask that allows any character (C) auto corrects to upper case (>) and allows up to 17 characters.

Reg. Exp.: >CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC{17,17}

This expression validates if the input was 17 characters long {17,17}, is uppercase and is any character.

I have never used Regular Expression before so this took some tinkering for me to figure out the correct syntax. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/visualstudio/visual-studio-2010/ae5bf541(v=vs.100)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved