Solved

Search field doesn't return results on any page in community

• 21 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi there - when I use the search field on any of the pages (community, knowledgebase, news, etc) I get the response “no results found”.  A co-worker follows the exact same steps and is easily able to see search results.  I’m having difficulty using the site without being able to search.  Any recommendations?  What am I missing?  

icon

Best answer by CereseCarlstrom90 29 December 2022, 18:21

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @CereseCarlstrom90 

Are you a registered user or just a guest?

@Chris Hackett  could probably assist you the best!

Hi @kandybeatty49 , I am a registered user. Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll give @Chris Hackett a shout.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @CereseCarlstrom90 - I have not heard of others having this issue so will need a specific example that includes what you’re your searching for and the URL you’re starting the search from. Thank you!

Using the search field at the top of the discussion forums.  

My results: 

Co-workers results:

Userlevel 7
Badge

OK. I get the same results as your co-worker. We need to try a few more things before I can open a ticket with the vendor. Please try clearing your browser cache and restarting it, use a different browser and try on another device. You can use the browser on a phone or tablet. Please also make sure you’re not on using any VPN service. Let me know the results. Thank you!

I’ve used both Edge and Chrome on my work machine.  I’ve cleared the caches closed the browsers and started new sessions and still get the same results.  

I accessed the site from my personal tablet, and the search works just fine, both as a guest and logged in with my userid.

If VPN is a problem, that could be my issue.  I work from home and use a VPN to our corporate network, but so does my co-worker, who doesn’t have the issues.  

Userlevel 7
Badge

Ah, well good to know you can access from somewhere. You may try accessing from your work machine off VPN. At this point it appears to be something with your environment, which the vendor is unlikely to troubleshoot. I don’t know why it would be different for you and your co-worker. Maybe check with your internal IT team?

Thanks Chris.  I have now confirmed I can use the search when I’m not using the VPN.  Strange that my co-worker is able to and I’m not.  I’ll follow up with our IT team.  Thanks very much for your time.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved