• 3 replies

Hello All,

We have 5 independent companies.

Company 1 - Chart of Account A - Currency USD

Company 2 - Chart of Account A - Currency USD

Company 3 - Chart of Account B - Currency USD

Company 4 - Chart of Account C - Currency VND

Company 5 - Chart of Account C - Currency VND

Could you please advise me what make the different from choosing to buy a new tenant or a new feature global finance?

Thanks in advance,

Yên Chi

icon

Best answer by Laura02 24 November 2023, 12:52

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I found one prior post in Acumatica Community, answered by Kandy, that contains a link to a Global Financials data sheet.

The post linked above is 6 months old. I searched this Community and Acumatica.com and did not find more recent information.

The brochure mentions support US and Canada and doesn’t list other countries such as Vietnam.

The brochure doesn’t say whether multiple Charts of Accounts are supported.

The brochure mentions Inventory Items can be shared, with a focus on Currency. I have direct experience trying to share items between US and Ireland, and we ran into trouble because the same Inventory is stocked/sold in Metric system units in Europe, and Imperial units in the US.  We couldn’t have one Base Unit, Sales Unit, Purchase Unit in Ireland and a separate Base Unit, Sales Unit, Purchase Unit in the US for the same items. Our client had to purchase a second tenant for this reason.

I recommend that you speak to your VAR and/or Acumatica to ask for current status & current features of Global Financials features.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

To my knowledge the Global Financials feature does not affect the limit of a single chart of account per tenant.  If there are overlapping account numbers across the companies I would recommend either redesigning the chart of accounts to use non-overlapping account numbers or purchase multiple tenants. 

Hope this helps!

Hi @Laura02 and @Robert Sternberg Thanks so much for your advise. All your info are really helpful for me

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved