Skip to main content

Megan Friesen - Acumatica Community Featured Member for July 2024

• 8 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Meet Megan Friesen our Acumatica Community Featured Member for July 2024. It’s great to have you as part of the Acumatica Community @meganfriesen37!

Here is a little bit about Megan:

I grew up and still live in Calgary, AB, Canada and work for Contego Software Solutions as a Business Systems Analyst.  In my role I wear many hats including Sales, Implementation, Training, and Support. 

I went to school in Calgary and started out with a degree in Business Administration and from there I completed my CGA designation (now CPA).  One of the courses I enjoyed the most during my studies was a course on ERPs and system change management.  But that’s not where my career started.  I started out in the oil and gas services industry, first in accounts payable, then corporate accounting, and finally in project accounting.  After being a part of two system conversions first from SAP to JE Edwards and then from JDE to Oracle I was fully bitten by the ERP bug and made the switch over to Contego in 2019. 

My accounting background has been a great fit as I work with our Acumatica clients.  My primary focus and area of expertise is finance, project accounting, distribution, and reporting but I’ve worked with pretty much every edition of Acumatica now.  I’m surrounded by a great team at Contego, and we’ve really got a broad background of experience.  I always appreciate the knowledge that I gain from other community members here.

Being from Calgary, we’re about an hour from the mountains so I love to get out and go camping, hiking, and skiing in my spare time.  I’ve also got two amazing little boys that keep my life full of excitement!  My husband and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary later this summer.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Congrats @meganfriesen37! Well deserved on your feature! I see you as a climbing Rockstar! 

What a lovely family you have! Your boys are adorable!! 

Congrats Megan!  It’s good to see our staff staying connected. 

Badge +18

Congratulations on being selected Community Member of the Month.  I frequently learn from your posts - well deserved recognition!  👍

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@meganfriesen37 congrats on being selected as the member of the month!! well deserved!  the pictures you shared are beautiful! I can’t get over the landscape and cute your little boys are and 10 years is a huge achievement!! Happy (early) anniversary to you and your husband!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Congrats @meganfriesen37 on member of the month!  Beautiful photos.