Solved

How to create PO FOC (free of charge)

• 3 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Dear All,

Can we add an item and mark it as free item on PO?

We still want to show unit cost of that item for doing declaration.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 3 November 2023, 11:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You could set the Discount Percent to be 100% so the Unit Cost will have the cost.

Badge +18

Hello,

Where do you find the unit cost of the item for doing the declaration?  Depending on your answer, use of discounts may work.

Using Discounts may work. I tested in Demo: I’m able to add 100% discount to the PO Line. The original Unit Cost remains intact.

The PO Receipt displays the Unit Cost and does not display discounts.

When the PO Receipt is released (I selected ON the option to Create AP Bill), an AP Bill is created for $0.

The related Inventory Receipt shows original (not zero) Unit Cost, and Extended Cost shows cost after discount of $0.

The Inventory Receipt updates the item with $0 cost, keeping the Valuation report in balance with the $0 cost posted to the Inventory Asset account.

When the same item is ordered next time, accurate last cost is populated to Unit Cost on the next PO:

I don’t see your Idea for Free Items on a PO in the Ideas section of this Community. Please add it, with more details like which screens/reports should show the discounted cost of $0 and where should Acumatica show the normal cost of the item.

Thank you.

Laura

Thank @dcomerford and special to @Laura02!

Your suggestion & guide are really details and helpful to me.

Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved