Solved

receiving an error when retrieveing odata feed in excel

• 10 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

This is the error i get (see below)

Everything was working fine yesterday and today it is saying it can’t connect. 

Anyone have an ideas? these excel odata pivto tables a critical to how we operate :/

Any help is greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by stacy16 10 March 2023, 15:36

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @stacy16 

It looks like this could be a permissions or credentials issue. Can you check the credentials are correct?

Also, do you have the correct user role in Acumatica?

Requirements for the User Account Role

The access to Power BI views from the Acumatica template app is configured for user roles in Acumatica ERP as the access to the corresponding generic inquiries in the application’s site. An out-of-the-box Acumatica ERP instance includes the predefined BI access role, which has access to the generic inquiry forms included in the Acumatica template app for Power BI. Account is assigned the BI role. A user with the Administrator role, which provides full access rights in the system, can assign the BI role to the needed users by using the Users (SM201010) form.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @kandybeatty49 

Thank you for reaching out regarding my issue.

I have admin permissions so permissions shouldnt be an issue. I am confused because it has wored flawlessly for 2 years now and i have made no changes on my end in regards to excel or any inquiry that we use in ACM. It was working just fine yesterday and then all of a sudden today none of our pivot tables connected to ACM are working :/

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I did however just find that there is a new permission that just popped up.. this may have something to do with it

I have never seen that before.. and it was unchecked. so i checked it and am testing to see if it works now. Fingers crossed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I did however just find that there is a new permission that just popped up.. this may have something to do with it

I have never seen that before.. and it was unchecked. so i checked it and am testing to see if it works now. Fingers crossed!

Sometimes that is it. Someone may have added that user role and not given all the proper users access. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

That was the problem! :)

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

That was the problem! :)

Thank you!

Glad you got it! 😀

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I may have spoken too soon.. i was on my laptop when i figured this out.. now that i am at my desktop it is not working again :/ I have contacted out IT company to see if it is an operating system things but i am back at square one with this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @stacy16 

Have you cleared your cache on the desktop? That sometimes solves it. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Turns out i needed to repair my Microsoft Office on my desktop. Then restart my computer so the connect can be updated from V3 to V4 since the new role was added to AMC. 

Thank you so much! :)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved