Solved

Notification template: how to get the owner datafield when using GI screens?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m creating a notification template using opportunity details screen (GI). 

In the “To:”, I would like to send to the owner that creates the opportunity, but I can’t seem to find it in the entity here. Is there any way I can do it?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 25 March 2022, 05:50

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jechang 

Can you try like below, 

1. Add the screen name “Opportunities” , ScreenID -CR304000(Data Entry Screen).
  2. Select Entity →  Opportunity → Owner → Email

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@jechang  Hope the below link might help you!!

https://www.augforums.com/forums/everything-else/send-email-to-owner-id-on-opportunity/

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @jinin , @Naveen Boga

Thanks for the information. but actually my notification template is linked up with the business events where the trigger condition for the field is under the details tabs in the Opportunities data entry (ScreenId=CR304000), thus I’m not able to use the Opportunities data entry screen, and had to use the Generic Inquiry screen instead. When I use the GI screen, in the notification template “To:”, I’m not able to get the Owners field. (as shown in the screenshots)

Or is there any way which tables I can add to the GI, so I can obtain the Owners field? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jechang Can you please share the XML format of your generic inquiry.

Userlevel 2
Badge

hi @Naveen Boga, here’s the XML format.

Thanks alot!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @jechang  Have you checked with the below OWNER EMAIL in the TO field?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Naveen Boga

I tried it. It capture the owner of the business account. 

However, I need it to capture the Owner field as shown in the screenshots below. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jechang  Here is the solution. Please find the details.

Please make the changes to your GI.

1.  Join these 2 tables CROpportunity and Owner
  1.  Add Email filed to the RESULT GRID

Then only TO field will display the Owners Email. Please do verify and confirm.

Userlevel 2
Badge

hi @Naveen Boga , i followed the same steps, but now not able to view the inquiry. Refer below for the error

Could you help to take a look? Thanks! Attached the xml file in case you need it

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jechang  You can simply uncheck the JOIN

Still, it should work. Please find the screenshots for reference.

Userlevel 2
Badge

hi @Naveen Boga , GI now works, but did not trigger the notification template. :( not sure why

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved