Question

How to use more than four decimals in a formula

• 29 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I added the following formula to a GI: =[CSAnswers.Value]*[POReceiptLine.ExtCost]

The value of CSAnswers.Value for one of the records is 0.204714, and the POReceiptLine.ExtCost for that record is 11,117.76. The value I get in the cell with the formula is 2,275.805472.

The product of 0.204714*11,117.76 is 2275.96112064.

After closer examination I realized that the formula is only using the first four decimals of CSAnswers.Value. So the value in the cell with the formula is the product of 0.2047*11,117.76 which is indeed 2275.805472.

How do I get the formula to calculate the value using the additional decimals?

6 replies

Badge +11

How about

=CDec([CSAnswers.Value])*[POReceiptLine.ExtCost]

Userlevel 1

@darylbowman what does CDec do?

I added it to my formula and now I’m getting 0.0000

Badge +11

CDec converts a string to a decimal. CSAnswers.Value is a string in the database:

How about:

=CDec(CStr([CSAnswers.Value]))*[POReceiptLine.ExtCost]

Userlevel 1

@darylbowman thanks for the explanation. I tried 

=CDec(CStr([CSAnswers.Value]))*[POReceiptLine.ExtCost]

And I’m still getting 0.000.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @aaronsilber were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Chris Hackett thanks for checking in. Unfortunately, I was not able to solve for my use case yet.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved