Question

How to use more than four decimals in a formula

• 29 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I added the following formula to a GI: =[CSAnswers.Value]*[POReceiptLine.ExtCost]

The value of CSAnswers.Value for one of the records is 0.204714, and the POReceiptLine.ExtCost for that record is 11,117.76. The value I get in the cell with the formula is 2,275.805472.

The product of 0.204714*11,117.76 is 2275.96112064.

After closer examination I realized that the formula is only using the first four decimals of CSAnswers.Value. So the value in the cell with the formula is the product of 0.2047*11,117.76 which is indeed 2275.805472.

How do I get the formula to calculate the value using the additional decimals?

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Chris Hackett thanks for checking in. Unfortunately, I was not able to solve for my use case yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @aaronsilber were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1

@darylbowman thanks for the explanation. I tried 

=CDec(CStr([CSAnswers.Value]))*[POReceiptLine.ExtCost]

And I’m still getting 0.000.

Badge +11

CDec converts a string to a decimal. CSAnswers.Value is a string in the database:

How about:

=CDec(CStr([CSAnswers.Value]))*[POReceiptLine.ExtCost]

Userlevel 1

@darylbowman what does CDec do?

I added it to my formula and now I’m getting 0.0000

Badge +11

How about

=CDec([CSAnswers.Value])*[POReceiptLine.ExtCost]

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved