Solved

Grouping Generic Inquiry by Formula

• 8 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

I am trying to create a generic inquiry that groups on a formula.  However I am getting the error in the following screenshot:

The help file for the Generic Inquiry screen specifically states that I can add a formula so I am not sure what I am doing wrong.  Any ideas?

On another note, if there is a table in Acumatica that breaks the subaccount into their segments I would much prefer to use that but I have been unable to find one.

Appreciate any help that you can provide!

icon

Best answer by Robert Sternberg 9 March 2023, 19:22

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi

Can you send me the screenshot of the Tables on the GI as i have used something like this before and it works fine. I just did a quick test and it works fine on 23R1 for your example. Just check that the Alias is Sub for this Table on the GI

Userlevel 2

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Strange can you send me the GI in xml format will plug it in to my pack and check it

Userlevel 2

Here you go.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Stephanie, 

The yellow icon in Acumatica is a warning to provide possible issues with the field indicated.  If the warning was a red X then you would not be able to save and run the generic inquiry.  You will receive similar warnings when running any calculation in a Generic Inquiry for grouping. 

An example of the different warnings

Userlevel 2

Good grief.  I should have caught that.  It was originally red and would not save but I hade fixed that problem so the yellow one threw me off.  I appreciate your help with this.  Sorry I didn’t figure it out myself.

Just in case you might now, is there a table in Acumatica that contains the subaccount with each segment as a column.  They used to have one in Dynamics SL and I was hoping Acumatica had done something similar but I have been unable to find it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

No problem at all, maybe it will help someone in the future. 

There are a few DACs that contain the subaccounts as segments however if you already have Sub in your structure try this:

=Substring( [Sub.SubCD], START POS, LENGTH )

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved