Solved

Grouping Generic Inquiry by Formula

• 8 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

I am trying to create a generic inquiry that groups on a formula.  However I am getting the error in the following screenshot:

The help file for the Generic Inquiry screen specifically states that I can add a formula so I am not sure what I am doing wrong.  Any ideas?

On another note, if there is a table in Acumatica that breaks the subaccount into their segments I would much prefer to use that but I have been unable to find one.

Appreciate any help that you can provide!

icon

Best answer by Robert Sternberg 9 March 2023, 19:22

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

No problem at all, maybe it will help someone in the future. 

There are a few DACs that contain the subaccounts as segments however if you already have Sub in your structure try this:

=Substring( [Sub.SubCD], START POS, LENGTH )

Userlevel 2

Good grief.  I should have caught that.  It was originally red and would not save but I hade fixed that problem so the yellow one threw me off.  I appreciate your help with this.  Sorry I didn’t figure it out myself.

Just in case you might now, is there a table in Acumatica that contains the subaccount with each segment as a column.  They used to have one in Dynamics SL and I was hoping Acumatica had done something similar but I have been unable to find it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Stephanie, 

The yellow icon in Acumatica is a warning to provide possible issues with the field indicated.  If the warning was a red X then you would not be able to save and run the generic inquiry.  You will receive similar warnings when running any calculation in a Generic Inquiry for grouping. 

An example of the different warnings

Userlevel 2

Here you go.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Strange can you send me the GI in xml format will plug it in to my pack and check it

Userlevel 2

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi

Can you send me the screenshot of the Tables on the GI as i have used something like this before and it works fine. I just did a quick test and it works fine on 23R1 for your example. Just check that the Alias is Sub for this Table on the GI

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved