Solved

adding SO to account details screen

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

Would anyone be able to give some guidance on if it’s possible to add the SO # to the account details screen. I noticed there is an account details GI (see screenshot). I know if you click the reference # for the IN module, it brings you to the Issues screen where you can see the SO number. I can’t figure out how to link those two tables (if that is even possible).

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by yhartman 9 February 2023, 05:23

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi,

You can join INTran table to the GLTran table to bring SOOrder number into the GI. See the screenshots below.

Make sure to backup the GI before making edits.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mna10! The above solution will get the correct data you’re look for pretty sure, but it sounded like you weren’t sure which way to find this information.

There are a couple screens you can check to get help with joins or how to link tables, with the quickest way to inspect element on a field and then clicking on its data class:

If you click the Incoming or Outgoing References it will show how the table you’ve clicked on can relate to other tables and which key linking fields to use when making the joins, can be VERY handy!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you both!

I knew to link the INTran table but I only linked the refNum so I was getting duplicate results.

adding those 2 other links definitely helped. I'm still learning so if you have any tips, please feel free to send.

@BenjaminCrisman , We are still on 2021 R1 so we didn't have that link form the data class. we are testing in 2022 R2 and just saw this function and it is definitely helpful.

one question. according to the DAC it says ordertype, ordernbr but i was able to get what i needed from trantype and tranlinenbr like @yhartman advised. can you do either one? Sorry for the questions, still trying to learn this.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @yhartman so I’m not sure we can use the refnbr as it looks like it is duplicating  entries. see the screenshot below. it is showing the SO# for both where the SO is only for the 2nd line. 

any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@mna10 Can you screenshots of your GI join?

@BenjaminCrisman In this case Acumatica does not have a direct reference between the two tables.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @yhartman sure. its the same as yours above. please see below.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Ok, we have to add a filter for “IN” module. The GL account can come from multiple modules in Acumatica and there is overlap in the ref numbers.

Let me know if this works better.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @yhartman Thanks! I wound up using that in the conditions vs relations tab. Any difference in doing it that way?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

If you use “conditions” you will be limiting all GL from other modules. So only “IN” GL will be displayed.

By doing it on the join, we are telling SQL to only (left) join INTran to GLTran when GLTran is from the IN module. Therefore, all other lines will still be displayed as normal.

I hope that this makes sense!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @yhartman thanks for the explanation. I appreciate it. Still learning how to join tables, etc.

EDIT: Got this working, my mistake. Thanks.

I am trying to return the GL postings (GLTran) for an inventory transaction (INTran), but struggling to find the best way to do this. Using TranLineNbr from GLtran as above, only returns one of the GL postings. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Chris

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved