Solved

Payroll - Special Paycheck - Unable to "Create Payroll Payment"

• 28 December 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am trying to create a special paycheck to correct a mistake that was made in the current pay period.

In the Help Screen it says:

“Special: Paychecks of this type are used for specific payments, such as bonuses. An employee may have as many special paychecks as necessary for one pay period.”

Problem: I am able to CREATE and CALCULATE the paycheck, but I am not able to “CREATE PAYROLL PAYMENT”.

The paycheck is there with an “Open” status as you can see here:

I can go into “Process Payroll Documents” and “Recalculate”. It does show up there:

However, when I go to “Create Payroll Payment” It will not show up.

Any ideas? I’m stuck. :-)

icon

Best answer by iqraharrison48 28 December 2023, 18:20

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bzelinski can you try to select “calculate” from the drop down list on the process payroll documents? i’ve noticed that sometimes it just shows up there.

please advise on the outcome!

thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bzelinski also, could you share a picture of the paycheck? you can blur out the name amount other sensitive info

thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @iqraharrison48 

Yes, I can calculate the “special” paycheck:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bzelinski  i would calculate it and then try to see if it shows up on the create payroll payment screen.  it looks like it needs to be calculated based off the status.  that would explain why it’s not showing up on the create payment screen.  did you already calculate it once before? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@iqraharrison48 Yes, I’ve calculated it, but it will not show up on the “create payroll payment screen”. That is my biggest issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bzelinski are the payment method and cash accounts correct on the create payroll payment screen? it won’t show up until the paycheck is in the “pending payment” status.

if that doesn’t work, there may be a bigger issue happening in the background as i was not able to replicate this same issue in my local environment.  i would recommend creating a support ticket and provide credentials so that support can log in and take a look!

Userlevel 4
Badge

@iqraharrison48 

Thanks for trying. The status remains “Open” in the “Not Paid” category. Yes, the payment method and cash accounts are correct. I just can’t get it to “Pending Payment”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bzelinski one more thing, i went through my local environment to see if i had any checks in the “open” status and i couldn’t even find out details on what that status means from the help icon: 

definitely worth putting a ticket in with acumatica! good luck!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Good Morning @iqraharrison48,

Thanks for your effort to help with this one. Just to let you know, the Acumatica support team did an awesome job and got back to me very quickly. The solution was so simple, and I should have noticed it, but needed another set of eyes.

Problem: The regular deductions on the employee paycheck were coming in automatically and ended up being bigger than the paycheck amount. Because of this, the net pay was $0.00. That was the reason we were not able to “Create Payroll Payment”. 

Solution: We deactivated the deductions for this special paycheck, and then we were able to process it and create the payment.

Happy New Year!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved