Solved

Labor allocation on Phantom BOMS

• 7 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I was hoping someone may have some insight to this question.  I am coming up with a large WIP variance in our Production Orders, and are thinking Phantom BOMs might be the cause.

At the parent level, we backflush material and labor.  We also exclude the Phantom, thus allowing us to bypass the move in the production order.

At the BOM for the phantom, we have run rates as if we were going to make a Production Order and backflush labor and material.

Is the WIP variance related to excluding  the phantom and thus not capturing the labor?

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 19 April 2023, 13:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

What do you mean by you exclude the Phantom… can you provide an example / screen shot of your Production Order Details?

Userlevel 3
Badge

At the BOM, we chose Material Type as Phantom, then select Exclude as the Phantom Routing step.  This allows us to not have to make a extra move transaction.  We see material consumption still occur, but it seems like the labor of the Phantom BOM does not get captured in the Production order, leaving us with a large WIP Adjustment at the end of the Production order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I believe you’d want to include the Phantom Routing so the labor of the Phantom operation can be back-flushed.

You don’t need to report on the ‘extra’ phantom operation - reporting on the succeeding operation will trigger the backflush.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I hope that there is one more option to exclude the parent operation but using the child operation in the production order. The current routing Exclude is excluding the child operation and only using the parent operation.

Yes, we can choose include options (before or after) but this will result in many unnecessary operations in the production.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I would encourage you to create an Idea (enhancement request) and detail your Use Case so this can be voted on and prioritized appropriately for a future release.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved