Question

Determine 1 option from multiple Options and/or Attribute selections in Configurator

• 28 February 2024
  • 5 replies

I have a list of options in my Configuration that can only be narrowed down to 1 option by answering multiple questions. In my case we have a list of Braid material options for wire sleeving. To find my way to which exact sleeving item number to use I need to know the following information from Options or Attributes which each have multiple options of their own:

1 - Product Line

2 - Wire Gauge

3 - Wall Thickness

Any given Product Line could use several Braids and the same is true of the Wire Gauge and Wall Thickness. Only after know all of that information can I narrow down the option of Braid Item number to the one that is appropriate for those selections. I then want the Configurator to just use that option and not require someone to select it. I tried creating a Attribute Rule to Exclude Options

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hard to assist w/out seeing the data - but you can enter an “If” formula on the Quantity Required a specific Inventory ID as a Feature Option.  And the option could be tied to a feature that is marked as not visible (Visible check-box not selected)

Above you can see that I was able to restrict my Braid options down to 3 by setting Exlude Rules on the AWG Attribute. This is good. When I try to add another Exclue rule to Color to further restrict the list of Braid options I get the above error when Testing the Configuration. Is this a me thing? Or something I should submit as an issue? Basically I am trying to use answers to Attributes to narrow me down to 1 option for Braid.

I see that only 1 Picture saved. Here is the error.

FYI, Black is one of the options for Color, also it doesn’t matter which attribute I try to add another rule for I get this error with a different thing inside the ‘ ‘.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@DarrylW64 It looks like Black option is not getting considered in the Attribute Rule.
Also did you consider creating a custom formula with iif statement to narrow down the option to one or less options using combination of attributes values?
Example: Include » IIf ([AWG] = ‘AWG#28-30’, [Color] =’Black’ , ‘ ‘)  >>» Target Feature: ABC, Option: Black

In this way, you will have to write less attribute rules. 

Example: 

Testing Configuration:

I will suggest you create support request for the error because it's hard to tell whether error is because rule is not valid, or system is not recognizing the option “Black’. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved