Solved

User Import Scenario with Multiple Roles

• 29 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am looking to create an Import Scenario that will import Users and assign them multiple roles. A user on the template may be assigned 1 role or 8 roles. I need all associated roles imported without using User Types since most users will have different roles assigned. How can I import users and have them assign multiple roles? I am able to import them and have it assign 1 role, but more than 1 it doesn’t assign any.

User Import Scenario

icon

Best answer by ed.goodman 29 December 2022, 16:51

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @nhorvathNAW 

Please check the suggestion provided me and also import scenario

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @manikantad18 I did see this post before I created mine. It was helpful to get the single role imported, but I was unable to get multiple roles imported for the user.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @nhorvathNAW Let me check once and let you know.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello @nhorvathNAW!

Here is a scenario mapping that was used to import users and roles.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@ed.goodman This did the trick! Thank you very much.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@nhorvathNAW,

You are welcome!  Glad I could help! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@ed.goodman I know this was 4 months ago, but I noticed I am doing an import with 38 users. It will only select the roles when I import 1 user at a time. Doing the bulk import, it will only select the roles for the first user in the list. Do you know how I can get this to work for ALL users in the import?

Badge

Hello @nhorvathNAW!

Here is a scenario mapping that was used to import users and roles.

Is there an XML file for this scenario?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved