Solved

Correct Shipment Import Scenario is failing - not sure why...

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have created an Import Scenario as seen below.  The requirement is simply to correct a shipment.  In other words, the shipment is currently in a Confirmed status.  This Imp Scen needs to press the CORRECT SHIPMENT button.  When done manually, this places the shipment back into an Open status for updates.  In my Imp Scen, I am getting an error message that reads -

“The Correct Shipment button is disabled.”

Thoughts on what is wrong with my Scenario?

Note the Data Provider is a single column with the Shipment number that needs to be corrected.

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 11 May 2023, 20:17

View original

17 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Did you try including both shipment type and shipment number?  I think both shipment type and shipment number are key fields; in this case including both keys in the import may help to activate the Correct Shipment option.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @jjakabcsin37 

For your last line <Action: Correct Shipment> have you tried to uncheck the commit box? Usually as with the <Action: Save> you do not need to Commit it. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Laura - the Shipment Type is not an available field from which to pick.  The key fields are Shipment Number and External.  In truth - I am not sure what the External would be.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello kandybeatty - good catch!  But no luck after removing the Commit.  Same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello kandybeatty - good catch!  But no luck after removing the Commit.  Same error.

HI @jjakabcsin37  

Can you share the XML file and I will look at it for you?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Attached here.

Two things to note:

1. when I add the Correct Shipment action, the Commit checkbox defaults to True
  2. for the External key field, it defaults the value as blank.  I have tried leaving blank and adding the highlighted text to match the View.  No luck either way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Attached here.

Two things to note:

1. when I add the Correct Shipment action, the Commit checkbox defaults to True
  2. for the External key field, it defaults the value as blank.  I have tried leaving blank and adding the highlighted text to match the View.  No luck either way.

Hi @jjakabcsin37 

Are there Inventory Issues or Invoices attached to these Shipments?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello kandybeatty49,

It is not invoiced - and I see no inventory docs/issues related.

Even tried different shipments - same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jjakabcsin37 

Can you check the below import scenario attached

the below import gives the ability the correct the shipment

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello manikantad18,

I tried your XML.  Same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

HI @jjakabcsin37 

Have you done any customization?

do you have any work flow customization? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

No workflow.  And very limited customizations.  We do have BigCommerce.  Is that the “External”, which is a key field?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

No workflow.  And very limited customizations.  We do have BigCommerce.  Is that the “External”, which is a key field?

Hi @jjakabcsin37  do you have issue with one shipment or every shipment?

Can you try the same import scenario in other instance with out customizaiton?

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

I do not have a vanilla instance readily available to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I do not have a vanilla instance readily available to me.

Understood, I have tested it in my locally.

Just check if the issue happening for every record or only record.

if it is happening for every record, please unpublish it and try in non business hours.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello manikantad18,

Got it now with your Imp Scenario!

My Excel spreadsheet had removed the leading zero of the Shipment number; hence, it was not finding the shipment record.

THANKS!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jjakabcsin37 

Thank you for the Update! Good to hear.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved