Question

Preventing/Setting approval for changeing PO dates

• 11 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Currently, you can change a PO date to a date that is in the past. Is there a way to prevent this or force an approval event to keep this in check? 

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Here are some ideas:

1. Make the PO Date a read-only field for some user Roles.
  2. Add an Approval Map to Purchase Orders. Part of the criteria could be based on Order Create date vs. Order date.
  3. Create a GI that displays PO Date and Created Date and calculates the Date Difference. Use the GI as a basis for a business event that notifies a manager when Date Difference is negative (when PO date is older than created date).

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

This was interesting: Add an Approval Map to Purchase Orders. Part of the criteria could be based on Order Create date vs. Order date. The problem is I do not see where I can compare elements. ie Date only lets me set a “date” not compare it to a date field. 

Badge +18

Hello @cmoreland ,

You are correct.  The error is mine.  Wishful thinking on my part? Perhaps.  I checked the Idea section of Acumatica community and ability to compare dates is suggested in this idea - please vote:

Choices just narrowed to 2.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved