Question

Preventing/Setting approval for changeing PO dates

• 11 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Currently, you can change a PO date to a date that is in the past. Is there a way to prevent this or force an approval event to keep this in check? 

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Here are some ideas:

1. Make the PO Date a read-only field for some user Roles.
  2. Add an Approval Map to Purchase Orders. Part of the criteria could be based on Order Create date vs. Order date.
  3. Create a GI that displays PO Date and Created Date and calculates the Date Difference. Use the GI as a basis for a business event that notifies a manager when Date Difference is negative (when PO date is older than created date).

Laura

Badge +18

Hello @cmoreland ,

You are correct.  The error is mine.  Wishful thinking on my part? Perhaps.  I checked the Idea section of Acumatica community and ability to compare dates is suggested in this idea - please vote:

Choices just narrowed to 2.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

This was interesting: Add an Approval Map to Purchase Orders. Part of the criteria could be based on Order Create date vs. Order date. The problem is I do not see where I can compare elements. ie Date only lets me set a “date” not compare it to a date field. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved