Solved

One inquiry with all checks (regular checks and quick checks)

• 9 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello!  

Have any of you combined the the Quick checks and Regular checks in one inquiry?  We are new to Acumatica but don’t understand why the “check list” isn’t the check list?  

Thanks, 

Kay

740-418-5250 (cell)

khowe@stockmeister.com

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 9 November 2022, 23:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @khowe86! For this issue you would just need to join in the APQuickCheck table to which ever GI you are working on and then you can see both sets of checks.

Have you already tried something like this?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks Benjamin! Here is a screenshot of the error.  Let me know your next idea! 

Best!

Kay

khowe@stockmeister.com

740-418-5250 cell

Userlevel 3
Badge

sorry…..forgot to say that we tried adding the Quickcheck table to Check Register Inquiry - and that’s when we got the error when trying to filter on the quick check reference numbers.  And we also had no results for any quickchecks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@khowe86 I just did a quick check (hehe) in my local GI and it looks like this may not be a good idea to add the APQuickCheck into the Checks and Payments GI, but technically the Quick Checks still appear in the AP Payment Register, so really all you need to do is remove all the conditions in the Checks and Payments GI and then quick checks will come in, but there isn’t a DocType to match, so it appears blank:

So you can do an expression like:

=[APPayment.DocType] but it results in the database value for the DocType instead of the UI value:

So instead you would probably need to chain the IIF statements in the expression to make sure there is one for each type of DocType:

=IIF([APPayment.DocType]= 'QCK', 'Quick Check', [APPayment.DocType])

That can work, but even as I’m working through this, it will navigate to Checks and Payments with a blank doctype:

So if the table is joined in:

Then you will get 3 of each quick check type, so you would need to add grouping:

But this will SUM the amounts off the quick check and be 3x what is on the document.

You would also need to add navigation parameters and make an new line for the Quick Check RefNbr:

Then it will navigate correctly

Regarding the error that you got, it was because the APQuickCheck table wasn’t joined into the GI via the relations

But also, I’ve attached the GI for reference

@BenjaminCrisman Thank you so much for this information. I work with @khowe86 and she asked that I give this a shot. Do you have availability for a meeting to work on this with us?

Thanks again!

Tyler

Userlevel 3
Badge

I feel like I am missing something here.  Customer complained that the Check Register did not show Quick Checks.  I added the condition to show quick checks, checked the data and they are now showing.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved