Solved

How to Write Off (Close) a open payment with balance

• 21 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, 

I was run a vendor AP balance report and noticed that when my accountant did the reconcilations, there was some balance showing at the payments.

I would like to ask how to i clear those balance and close those payments.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 21 October 2022, 12:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jay13 

You are aware of these issues I believe.

The idea is already posted in the Ideas section of this community. 

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @jay13 

You are aware of these issues I believe.

The idea is already posted in the Ideas section of this community. 

Thanks

Hi @manikantad18 ,

Yes i know that if the balance is a positive number, i can create a debit adjustment and apply to the balance. In the scenario of this new post is that the balance is a negative number, i couldnt find a way to clear those balance.

Badge +18

Hello,

Enter a Credit Adjustment for the amount to write off, and then apply the remaining Prepayment amount to the Credit Adjustment.

A Credit adjustment credits the AP liability account and debits whatever expense you enter on the detail line.  Ask your accountant what account to use on the debit.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

Enter a Credit Adjustment for the amount to write off, and then apply the remaining Prepayment amount to the Credit Adjustment.

A Credit adjustment credits the AP liability account and debits whatever expense you enter on the detail line.  Ask your accountant what account to use on the debit.

Hi @laura01 thank you for your reply, i encountered an error when doing so, not sure what happen.

The error message is reference number can not be empty, yet i doesn’t allow me to put a reference number.

i already raised a support case.

Badge +18

Hi I can’t see your payment method, but it may be a possibility to temporarily un-check this option in the Payment Method:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved