Solved

How to Write Off (Close) a open payment with balance

• 21 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, 

I was run a vendor AP balance report and noticed that when my accountant did the reconcilations, there was some balance showing at the payments.

I would like to ask how to i clear those balance and close those payments.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 21 October 2022, 12:14

View original

5 replies

Badge +18

Hi I can’t see your payment method, but it may be a possibility to temporarily un-check this option in the Payment Method:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

Enter a Credit Adjustment for the amount to write off, and then apply the remaining Prepayment amount to the Credit Adjustment.

A Credit adjustment credits the AP liability account and debits whatever expense you enter on the detail line.  Ask your accountant what account to use on the debit.

Hi @laura01 thank you for your reply, i encountered an error when doing so, not sure what happen.

The error message is reference number can not be empty, yet i doesn’t allow me to put a reference number.

i already raised a support case.

Badge +18

Hello,

Enter a Credit Adjustment for the amount to write off, and then apply the remaining Prepayment amount to the Credit Adjustment.

A Credit adjustment credits the AP liability account and debits whatever expense you enter on the detail line.  Ask your accountant what account to use on the debit.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @jay13 

You are aware of these issues I believe.

The idea is already posted in the Ideas section of this community. 

Thanks

Hi @manikantad18 ,

Yes i know that if the balance is a positive number, i can create a debit adjustment and apply to the balance. In the scenario of this new post is that the balance is a negative number, i couldnt find a way to clear those balance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jay13 

You are aware of these issues I believe.

The idea is already posted in the Ideas section of this community. 

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved