Question

System Down Recovery Plan

Userlevel 2
Badge

Recently our Acumatica site was down for a full day of work. We are service based and have techs out in the field all day. With the site down we were unable to access appointments and eventually we had to send all techs home.

This triggered us to realize we need a Disaster Recovery Plan. I wanted to see what others have done to make sure you can still function if your Acumatica site goes down?

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello @Eddier47 ,

Sorry to hear you were down for a day. Are you are hosting Acumatica on a private server or is Acumatica hosting your instance? This will let the community know what options you have.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@AndrewBGL , Acumatica is hosting

Userlevel 5
Badge

Were you able to login to your Acumatica instance at all during the outage?

We create weekly backups of our tenants. Depending on your license you could create a test tenant that is a mirror of you company tenant.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@AndrewBGL we were able to login to out instance, but no data should. I understand we have backups if recovery needs to happen. 

I am more wondering what users have done to be able to still conduct business if they go down?

What we’ve come up with so far was to create a daily export into a shared network folder. We are planning to export appointments and service order so we can still function offline if need be. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

We have not faced a outage that severe.

Under system Management > Tenants you can create snapshots, which are backups of you database. You can then export them.

That way you can install onto a local PC. Here is a guide.

https://www.acumatica.com/blog/setting-up-local-developer-instances-of-acumatica/

Userlevel 5
Badge

Userlevel 5
Badge

I think you idea to create a shared spread sheet with a daily export of appointments is a good idea. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved