Solved

Making a Stock Item available to only one customer

Show first post

28 replies

Badge +18

Yes!  You are teaching me today Reza. 

I did think in the Restriction Groups screen we can connect many entities -->because they exist 😉 in the list and because the system lets me choose them together with no message.  I didn’t try it; as you know,  sometimes I run out of time to test every answer here in the community.  I’m not a developer so I don’t have access to or understand the code that is posted.

If we add Users to the Restriction Group I suggested, will the combination of User-Customer-Inventory ID help Scott to solve  his question?

Thank you!

Laura

Userlevel 1

@scottaisd00, we have similar requirements to what you had few months ago.  I am glad you could solve the problem. 

Could please let me know steps to accomplish the goal of “Making a Stock Item available to only one customer”.  I am assuming you are not able to create sales orders to customers who are not in the restricted group. 

Following is what I did:

I created a restriction group similar to you, having Items, Users and Customers.  It works in restricting the visibility of the items and customers entities to the users in the restricted group only.  The issue is, if anyone in the restricted group tries to sell an item (in the restricted group) to a customer who is not in the restricted group it lets them enter sales order for the item.  in other words, if I am in the restricted group Iam able to sell any customer who are not in the restricted group.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes!  You are teaching me today Reza. 

I did think in the Restriction Groups screen we can connect many entities -->because they exist 😉 in the list and because the system lets me choose them together with no message.  I didn’t try it; as you know,  sometimes I run out of time to test every answer here in the community.  I’m not a developer so I don’t have access to or understand the code that is posted.

If we add Users to the Restriction Group I suggested, will the combination of User-Customer-Inventory ID help Scott to solve  his question?

Thank you!

Laura

we all collectively learn from each other every day.

If you mean using exiting functionality then No but if you mean developing new feature, then apparently this client doesn’t care who creates the invoice they just want to mix customer/inventory item entity. In fact user SHOULD NOT be a part of equation at all.

To me this is a way bigger discussion because maybe another client need to include Sales Person in equation and combine 3 entries. Or another client some other mixed or maybe mixing and combining more entities.

if Acumatica wants to rethink about the engine I believe it needs structural redesign. As an idea, for example when we create. Restriction Group, there could be grid in the header that shows list of entities with ✅ option that user selects the entities willing to combine.

but as mentioned this has structural impact as I believe Acumatica then will need to platform wise revise all “Match<>” functions which are countless. 
I am just a volunteer on community and do not have a say what Acumatica decides to implement at the end and you guys will decide though.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved