Solved

Create Stock Item with multi-level Item Class

• 27 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all, 

We’re still in implementation and I’m testing out the creation of Stock Items through the APIs. Back when we had two segment Item Classes, I had no trouble creating Stock Items. 

However, now that we’re testing out 5 level Item Classes, I’m having trouble finding the right ItemClass to send through the API. I keep getting “...cannot be found” on the Item Class object.

For example, here is a class from the Acumatica view:  ONS.PIPE____.__REG___.________.___

I’ve tried passing multiple combinations of that class. 

What is odd is when I query the stock item with that class, this is the output: 

I’ve tried using that string as an input also. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by jamest 27 October 2023, 19:36

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jamest,

You can create the stock item with the class from UI or use an existing stock item with the class, do a GET request to identify the right format/value that you can use the in the PUT request. Good Luck.!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @jamest,

You can create the stock item with the class from UI or use an existing stock item with the class, do a GET request to identify the right format/value that you can use the in the PUT request. Good Luck.!

That’s what I tried to do. The screen shot is a GET of an existing stock item. I tried to reuse the Item Class value and it cannot find it. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@jamest Try your value without any spaces for the “.” section divides.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@jamestTry your value without any spaces for the “.” section divides.

I tried this one: 

"ItemClass": {

"value": "ONS.PIPE.REG..",

"error": "Item Class 'ONS.PIPE.REG..                ' cannot be found in the system."

This is what it looks like in the form: ONS.PIPE____.__REG___.________.___

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jamest,

With the SalesDemo data, I am able to set the multi-level item class, tested in 23.111.

Thinking, if it has to do with Acumatica version, can you please confirm the version you are using? Also, did you get a chance to test with a different multi-level value?  

Userlevel 2
Badge

@jamest,

With the SalesDemo data, I am able to set the multi-level item class, tested in 23.111.

Thinking, if it has to do with Acumatica version, can you please confirm the version you are using? Also, did you get a chance to test with a different multi-level value?  

Ok, you pointed me in the right direction and got me thinking. 

Here’s what I tested:

1. Does not work: ONS.PIPE____.__ASSY__.________.___
  2. Does not work: ONS.PIPE____.__HEAT__.________.___
  3. Works: ONS.FITTING_.ELBOW___.45DEG___.___
  4. Works: ONS.FITTING_.________.________.___

Here’s my theory. If the segment is left justified to the separator it works. If there are spaces between the separator and object string it fails. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jamest, Interesting observation, I will try to test further. Thanks for sharing.!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jamest were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @jamest were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Hi Chris, 

Yes, it was what I posted above. You can’t have the text in the middle of the segment. Once I left justified to the separator, it worked just fine. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved