Solved

Create Stock Item with multi-level Item Class

• 27 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi all, 

We’re still in implementation and I’m testing out the creation of Stock Items through the APIs. Back when we had two segment Item Classes, I had no trouble creating Stock Items. 

However, now that we’re testing out 5 level Item Classes, I’m having trouble finding the right ItemClass to send through the API. I keep getting “...cannot be found” on the Item Class object.

For example, here is a class from the Acumatica view:  ONS.PIPE____.__REG___.________.___

I’ve tried passing multiple combinations of that class. 

What is odd is when I query the stock item with that class, this is the output: 

I’ve tried using that string as an input also. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by jamest 27 October 2023, 19:36

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

@jamest Try your value without any spaces for the “.” section divides.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@jamest,

With the SalesDemo data, I am able to set the multi-level item class, tested in 23.111.

Thinking, if it has to do with Acumatica version, can you please confirm the version you are using? Also, did you get a chance to test with a different multi-level value?  

Ok, you pointed me in the right direction and got me thinking. 

Here’s what I tested:

1. Does not work: ONS.PIPE____.__ASSY__.________.___
  2. Does not work: ONS.PIPE____.__HEAT__.________.___
  3. Works: ONS.FITTING_.ELBOW___.45DEG___.___
  4. Works: ONS.FITTING_.________.________.___

Here’s my theory. If the segment is left justified to the separator it works. If there are spaces between the separator and object string it fails. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jamest, Interesting observation, I will try to test further. Thanks for sharing.!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jamest,

You can create the stock item with the class from UI or use an existing stock item with the class, do a GET request to identify the right format/value that you can use the in the PUT request. Good Luck.!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @jamest were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Hi Chris, 

Yes, it was what I posted above. You can’t have the text in the middle of the segment. Once I left justified to the separator, it worked just fine. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @jamest,

You can create the stock item with the class from UI or use an existing stock item with the class, do a GET request to identify the right format/value that you can use the in the PUT request. Good Luck.!

That’s what I tried to do. The screen shot is a GET of an existing stock item. I tried to reuse the Item Class value and it cannot find it. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@jamestTry your value without any spaces for the “.” section divides.

I tried this one: 

"ItemClass": {

"value": "ONS.PIPE.REG..",

"error": "Item Class 'ONS.PIPE.REG..                ' cannot be found in the system."

This is what it looks like in the form: ONS.PIPE____.__REG___.________.___

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jamest,

With the SalesDemo data, I am able to set the multi-level item class, tested in 23.111.

Thinking, if it has to do with Acumatica version, can you please confirm the version you are using? Also, did you get a chance to test with a different multi-level value?  

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jamest were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved