Solved

Cannot find GI in my endpoints

• 29 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I am new to Acumatica so please forgive the simplicity of my question. I am trying to create a API request using a GI, but I cannot for the life of me find the GI inside the WS Endpoints. I have followed the process laid out in the training video for REST API’s, and unless I misunderstood using this GI is the proper way to do so. Accordingly I have verified that the ‘make visible on the UI’ and the ‘expose via Odata’ checkboxes are checked in the GI. The GI also seems to be working properly as when I view the inquiry I am getting the expected response. From my understanding when the expose via Odata is checked this creates a WS endpoint that is then used in the endpoint API. However when navigate the endpoints I cannot find this generic inquiry anywhere. I am testing all of this inside our sandbox instance, that wouldn’t be the issue would it? I assume not because I have made successful API calls of other endpoints to test inside of the sandbox instance. Am I missing something? Any direction would be greatly appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by RohitRattan88 29 November 2023, 18:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ccarver ,

You should create a custom endpoint with the GI.
Please refer to the link below. I've attached a sample package for creating a custom endpoint with GI. Publish the package and review.

How do I retrieve a list of Attributes for a specific Employee Class using the REST API | Community (acumatica.com)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Agree with @jinin you need to either extend the system webservice endpoint or create a new one and then Insert and create the entity for the GI

Hello @jinin and @dcomerford 

Thank you for your direction, I did as you instructed and I am able to run, inside of postman, however I am getting an error. When I run it, it seems that it is telling me the REST v4 contract I am run does not implement required SOAP interface. Looks as though I have to interact with this GI using SOAP API not REST, am I understanding this properly? Is their something that can be changed to use as a REST. I may need to just build a new GI, this GI was already built inside our system. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ccarver @jinin and @dcomerford are right. if you want your GI in an Endpoint, you will need to extend/create endpoint and add your GI manually.

However, if you just retrieving the data using oData, you dont need to do that. 

Ref:

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(321))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=5d97a93d-45e0-466e-ba5e-77e1ccf96643

https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/integration/i300-web-services-data-retrieval-with-odata/

Previously you would need to expose GI with parameters to endpoint to utilize filtering but in 23R2 this could be done via Odata as well:

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(322))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=1f39f6c1-8f86-4c9f-b722-4a0d57a37342

Good luck with your development

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved