Solved

Cannot find GI in my endpoints

• 29 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I am new to Acumatica so please forgive the simplicity of my question. I am trying to create a API request using a GI, but I cannot for the life of me find the GI inside the WS Endpoints. I have followed the process laid out in the training video for REST API’s, and unless I misunderstood using this GI is the proper way to do so. Accordingly I have verified that the ‘make visible on the UI’ and the ‘expose via Odata’ checkboxes are checked in the GI. The GI also seems to be working properly as when I view the inquiry I am getting the expected response. From my understanding when the expose via Odata is checked this creates a WS endpoint that is then used in the endpoint API. However when navigate the endpoints I cannot find this generic inquiry anywhere. I am testing all of this inside our sandbox instance, that wouldn’t be the issue would it? I assume not because I have made successful API calls of other endpoints to test inside of the sandbox instance. Am I missing something? Any direction would be greatly appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by RohitRattan88 29 November 2023, 18:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ccarver @jinin and @dcomerford are right. if you want your GI in an Endpoint, you will need to extend/create endpoint and add your GI manually.

However, if you just retrieving the data using oData, you dont need to do that. 

Ref:

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(321))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=5d97a93d-45e0-466e-ba5e-77e1ccf96643

https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/integration/i300-web-services-data-retrieval-with-odata/

Previously you would need to expose GI with parameters to endpoint to utilize filtering but in 23R2 this could be done via Odata as well:

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(322))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=1f39f6c1-8f86-4c9f-b722-4a0d57a37342

Good luck with your development

Hello @jinin and @dcomerford 

Thank you for your direction, I did as you instructed and I am able to run, inside of postman, however I am getting an error. When I run it, it seems that it is telling me the REST v4 contract I am run does not implement required SOAP interface. Looks as though I have to interact with this GI using SOAP API not REST, am I understanding this properly? Is their something that can be changed to use as a REST. I may need to just build a new GI, this GI was already built inside our system. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Agree with @jinin you need to either extend the system webservice endpoint or create a new one and then Insert and create the entity for the GI

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ccarver ,

You should create a custom endpoint with the GI.
Please refer to the link below. I've attached a sample package for creating a custom endpoint with GI. Publish the package and review.

How do I retrieve a list of Attributes for a specific Employee Class using the REST API | Community (acumatica.com)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved