Solved

When publish acumatica customization

• 22 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I got this error

\App_RuntimeCode\VendorMaint.cs(38): error CS0104: 'BAccountExt' is an ambiguous reference between 'PX.Objects.CR.BAccountExt' and 'PX.Objects.GDPR.BAccountExt'
icon

Best answer by sweta68 22 September 2023, 06:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @kevinheng21 ,

This can happen if you have extensions or customizations that use similar class names, and the compiler is unable to determine which one to use.

To resolve this ambiguity issue, you can specify the full namespace when referring to the 'BAccountExt' class in your code to indicate which one you want to use.

This should resolve the ambiguity issue and allow your customization to compile and publish successfully.

Could you please provide code and which usings are you using in code?  

Regards,

Sweta

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@kevinheng21 This issue will be resolved by changing the namespaces.

If you are still not able to resolve this, just share the customization package.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @kevinheng21 ,

This can happen if you have extensions or customizations that use similar class names, and the compiler is unable to determine which one to use.

To resolve this ambiguity issue, you can specify the full namespace when referring to the 'BAccountExt' class in your code to indicate which one you want to use.

This should resolve the ambiguity issue and allow your customization to compile and publish successfully.

Could you please provide code and which usings are you using in code?  

Regards,

Sweta

thank solved it

Badge +11

@kevinheng21 - Could you mark a best answer?

Additionally, this happens to me a lot lately when I'm pasting in code in Visual Studio, as it attempts to solve the namespaces required and often gets them wrong.

This can be turned off in VS Preferences 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved