Solved

User-Defined Fields - Customizations

• 3 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Should user-defined fields be created using a customization project or just adding them directly into Acumatica is fine? I have not setup a customization project before but I have heard that creating customizations within a customization project is recommended since you can apply and unapply with the upgrades. I am trying to consider if there will be any issues with upgrading and user-defined fields. 

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 3 February 2023, 20:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @rebeckamckinney53  

• We can add the User-Defined fields in the Acumatica screen using the Mange User Defined fields.
  • Once added in the screen, we can these User Defined Fields in the Customization projects.
  • so that if you deploy this package in any other instance, these UDF fields will populated on the respective screen.

Please find the screenshots for reference.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Naveen, I appreciate your input! Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Most Welcome :) @rebeckamckinney53 

Userlevel 2
Badge

How to access UDF via rest api? Do I need to extend the endpoint? I have them populated on Project screen.

Thanks.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved