Solved

User-Defined Fields - Customizations

• 3 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Should user-defined fields be created using a customization project or just adding them directly into Acumatica is fine? I have not setup a customization project before but I have heard that creating customizations within a customization project is recommended since you can apply and unapply with the upgrades. I am trying to consider if there will be any issues with upgrading and user-defined fields. 

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 3 February 2023, 20:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @rebeckamckinney53  

• We can add the User-Defined fields in the Acumatica screen using the Mange User Defined fields.
  • Once added in the screen, we can these User Defined Fields in the Customization projects.
  • so that if you deploy this package in any other instance, these UDF fields will populated on the respective screen.

Please find the screenshots for reference.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Naveen, I appreciate your input! Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge

How to access UDF via rest api? Do I need to extend the endpoint? I have them populated on Project screen.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Most Welcome :) @rebeckamckinney53 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved