Solved

Manage User-Defined Fields not found

• 4 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I would like to add user-defined field to this screen, but I could not find the option ‘Manage User-Defined Fields’. Is there any way I can go about doing this?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 4 February 2022, 19:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

What is the screen id?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jechang 

Can you please share the below details?

• Which Acumatica Version you are using?
  • Which Screen you trying to get the User-defined fields?
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jechang  “Manage User-Defined Fields” will be available for only Data Entry OR Maintenance screens but not for the Processing screens.

You might be checking at Processing screens, hence that option is NOT showing for you. Please find the screenshot for your reference.

Data Entry/Maintainence Screens → User Defined Fields feature available.

Processing Screens → User Defined Fields Feature NOT available.

Hope this info will be helpful!

Userlevel 2
Badge

hi @Freeman Helmuth , @jinin , @Naveen B ,

I’m using the 2021R2 version. Its a customised data entry screen

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jechang 

Adding to above post, ‘Manage user defined field’ option is available on Customization menu of those entity screens which does not allow attributes. For example, stock item allows you add attributes to set user defined fields using Item classes. You wont find option ‘Manage user defined field’ on Customization menu of Stock item entity screen. However, on AR Invoices, you don't have an option to enter attributes. You get option ‘Manage user defined field’ on AR invoice entity screen. 

You may refer to following documentation which explains this.

https://help-2021r2.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=9ac91432-d70f-4f00-bc0a-f5569d76cdfd

Hope this helps, 

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved